Wednesday, May 4, 2011

BP1_Welcome to my blog

Welcome!  Blogging is new to me, so I feel like I'm at the beginning of a yet another road that leads somewhere bright and new.  Although I've read a number of blogs and thought about blogging before, I've never actually had the inspiration to start one.  As all of the new technologies I've studied through Full Sail University's EMDT program have, I'm sure that blogging will prove to be as useful and compelling.

Over the course of the month, I hope to be able to provide valuable insight into a number of interesting Web 2.0 tools, videos, technologies and other topics.  You happen to already taking a look at the first new tool that I will be exploring, Blogger.  Setting up a user account through Blogger was quick and simple, as I already had a Gmail account set up that could easily be activated as a blog account.  Choosing a domain name and theme was also nearly effortless, requiring only a few clicks.  I was also pleased to find that the preset themes were easily customizable, so I replaced the default header with a simple text banner in just a matter of minutes.  Looking around the settings and design options also looks like it has a number of easily usable presets that will prove to be useful as this blog develops.

Future post topics will include using iGoogle as a Personalized Learning Environment, varied software and Web 2.0 tools and links to comments on my colleagues' blogs.  So, please check back and feel free to comment, and we'll see where this road takes us.

1 comment:

  1. Joe,

    You give such great insight into everything you do. This, I'm sure, will be no different. The image you used is so appropriate for how you are feeling... really for how we are all feeling! I'm glad we're all on this road together, even if we feel at times more like crash test dummies!

    ~Mindi

    ReplyDelete